We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby Howlabaloo » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:23 pm

I would be sad to see the pound open less frequently. As others have said I am lucky to catch one opening every couple of days as it is now.

I also don't mind that the pound generally is only open for a few minutes. If I'm not there at open I know I generally won't get a WL or R+ pet so I'd rather just see that it's closed, as oposed to showing up with 300 pets left and know I'd missed it opening by a couple of minutes.
Howlabaloo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloverstream » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:23 pm

I didn’t want to feel the need to comment but. Guys. The pound being open less frequently means it will be harder to get pets. Let’s say it opens when you’re asleep at 4 am or at work or school. Does it help you more if the pound is open for an extra 3 minutes, or does it help you more if it’s open a second time in the day when you’re free?
Cloverstream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebony Stardust » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:26 pm

I think that the opening probably should be bigger, given the size of the userbase here, but I also agree with people here saying that it being less frequent won't really make it better. My opinion is that it should be a compromise, with the current frequency and more pets.

-Hello! You may call me Ebony
-I am a casual artist
-I am always open to trades (my trade thread)
-Formerly: Darkstorm-The-Wolf (eek '~')
-Remember, support, and pray for Israel

Need Clicks: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Status: Maybe sort of kind of just a little bit obsessed with a fictional man
Ebony Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxcloud19 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:31 pm

I think the biggest problem with the pound is that it needs a complete revamp. When I heard back in November that they were working on updates to the pound I was super excited! Then I found out all it was was a tiny change where pets were released in batches instead of all at once and was disappointed. Now, don’t get me wrong, this was a good change that helped things. But, in my opinion, it’s not enough. I’m happy to hear we’re trying to make more changes, but they need to be bigger. However, this could also be that they are doing big changes, just little by little so it’s not as much of a shock. This change could be good, but honestly, I think it’s just too hard to say for sure. Then again, I’m all for throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks :lol: . I am hoping for bigger and better changes to not just the pound, but the whole site as time passes!
foxcloud19

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyca » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:35 pm

I love the idea of more openings but less pets!
Black Lives Matter
AlishaIV is my roommate!
We trade sometimes and
share a computer/IP address!

Check out all
my dressed up
pound catches!

My trade thread!

January 19th is my birthday : )
I collect pets with that date!

Pyca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tea~ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:40 pm

i would really dislike if the openings were less frequent. i already miss them very often as it is since i can't check at work, and i think that would cause a huge disadvantage to a lot of players especially who have busy schedules

Cloverstream wrote:I didn’t want to feel the need to comment but. Guys. The pound being open less frequently means it will be harder to get pets. Let’s say it opens when you’re asleep at 4 am or at work or school. Does it help you more if the pound is open for an extra 3 minutes, or does it help you more if it’s open a second time in the day when you’re free?

i agree with this ^^^ and if it's open longer even if you manage to get to it late the selection isn't ideal

edit to add after reading some more posts:
it's not a big deal to miss the pound sometimes - but right now even though i spend a decent amount of time on here i only catch it maybe a couple times a week? with fewer openings it would be even less, especially when i have a lot of time during the day where i'm not able to log on at all - therefore the likelihood of it opening when i CAN actually get to it is smaller.
hopefully this makes sense lol, i'm struggling with my words right now
Last edited by tea~ on Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖★˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖
tea . she/her . infp
adult . pastry student
˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖★˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

ImageImageImageImage
tea~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaceWhiskey » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:48 pm

tea~ wrote:i would really dislike if the openings were less frequent. i already miss them very often as it is since i can't check at work, and i think that would cause a huge disadvantage to a lot of players especially who have busy schedules

Cloverstream wrote:I didn’t want to feel the need to comment but. Guys. The pound being open less frequently means it will be harder to get pets. Let’s say it opens when you’re asleep at 4 am or at work or school. Does it help you more if the pound is open for an extra 3 minutes, or does it help you more if it’s open a second time in the day when you’re free?

i agree with this ^^^ and if it's open longer even if you manage to get to it late the selection isn't ideal

Agreed, and I worry with it becoming more infrequent, that the lag I hear people mentioning involving the pound will only get worse. I haven't been able to catch the pound for quite a while now, so I can't really confirm it on my end, but I really hope they don't go through with opening it even less. Especially as one of the users above pointed out, if you're busy or in a time zone that doesn't match CS, that could pose a huge problem.
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████

+
|
|
|
|
+

....isfp-t | capricorn | female

...My inbox is always open if you
...need someone to talk to/listen
...You are worth something and
...you do deserve to be happy

..........CrystalsTrades
LaceWhiskey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:49 pm

As tempting as the more pets option is, I would like the pound to open more than once a day. I tend to miss the pound a lot so having more opportunities is preferred imo

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jhftR » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:03 pm

Fellefan wrote:in my opinion the main "problem" with the pound is that we can see what pets will be available in the next opening. when people spot a high value pet in the upcoming opening alerts are sent out and a lot of people show up making the pound incredibly slow, making it almost impossible for us with slow internet to catch anything good. I don't think increasing the size is going to change this, but making adjustments so NO pets in the pound are visible until it opens would at least do something.

You can see the pet pool? How? Where?
jhftR

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bookshelf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:05 pm

jhftR wrote:
Fellefan wrote:in my opinion the main "problem" with the pound is that we can see what pets will be available in the next opening. when people spot a high value pet in the upcoming opening alerts are sent out and a lot of people show up making the pound incredibly slow, making it almost impossible for us with slow internet to catch anything good. I don't think increasing the size is going to change this, but making adjustments so NO pets in the pound are visible until it opens would at least do something.

You can see the pet pool? How? Where?

here, you can see what will be available in the next opening

-----------------------------

adult, college student, she/her

-----------------------------

bookshelf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups