NEW POLL CS Community Wants YOUR help on Trading Guidelines!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

For pets with the same age and demand, what is most fair to trade for a Common?

3 Very Commons
4%
2 Very Commons
67%
1 Very Common + 1 Extremely Common
8%
All commons can swap evenly
21%

Total votes : 369

NEW POLL CS Community Wants YOUR help on Trading Guidelines!

Postby SolarSonnet » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:21 pm

Google Form Poll

Google Form Poll 2 - Rarity Value

Huge thanks to Solloby for setting this up! It has all kinds of questions we'll be tackling here in the thread. (The one up right now is also part of it!)
If you don't want to click on the google form link, no worries. A lot of the same questions will be asked in a poll on the thread later. But if you'd prefer to click on the link and get all the questions out of the way at once, here that is:
Vote Here!

Link to see responses

New Poll! + Pinglist

Wasn't able to edit this earlier, but Poll 3 is up now! I don't have anything insightful to say right now for this one. Thanks for y'all's input, though!

If you wanna be pinged for new polls, dm me or say so in the thread!

Hi there everyone!

First of all, this thread is a revamp/continuation of New Trading Standards Discussion originally by Loelya. You can find all information on the old polls done on that thread over there.

Second of all: Whereas the former thread was for discussion of pets under VR, I think this thread is going to make the attempt to bring all discussion together. That means C$, Pets, and Item Discussion, all in one place. The less spread-out the community is on this discussion, the better.

Our most recent discussion was a C$ Trading Method where the idea is that the C$ worth chart and ratio for pets should be even.

In this thread, we'll be doing polls one-by-one until we get a general community consensus about C$ Value of pets from as many people as possible. The more people who answer the polls here, the more accurate and fair the future of trading on CS will be.

It doesn't matter what your experience with trading is, if you have an opinion, you are encouraged to answer and give your input!

My post below this one will be reserved for posting the results of each poll. If a poll does not have an overwhelming majority (over 70/30) it will be re-run with the most popular options after community discussion. If it continues to not have an overwhelming majority, more discussion will be made in an attempt to find a middle ground until the most people are satisfied as possible.

Useful Threads with ongoing discussion:

Horror's Guide by Horror
OMGSR Popularity Poll by ♥Princess of Lions♥

Currently Our Subject of Conversation is:

wrote:
C$ Trading Method
A couple of questions for joining in on the conversation! You don't have to answer these exactly, but they are a few questions to get your brain going on the right track if you wanted to join the convo and didn't know where to start:

1: Should the C$ Chart reflect trading as a whole?
I.E. If 1 Rare is 2 Extremely Uncommons, should 1 Rare be equal in C$ to 2 Extremely Uncommons? (Why or why not?)

2: How do you value pets in C$? (Do you go by year? Rarity? Species? All of the above? What about pets outside of C$, are they the same?)

3: Do you value C$ trades as highly as pet trades? (Why or why not?)

4: In your personal opinion, is C$ hard to get your hands on? Is it hard to trade off, or does it have standard demand?

wrote:

Future Discussions:
Item Valuation
Store Pet Valuation

More to-be-added

Here's a banner for your signature to spread the discussion!
Code: Select all
[center]Discuss and Vote on New Trading Guidelines
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4909332&p=143330797#p143330787]here!
[img]https://i.imgur.com/tyMUhbj.png[/img][/url][/center]

Looks like this:
Discuss and Vote on New Trading Guidelines
Here!
Last edited by SolarSonnet on Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:29 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Solar/Wish ✄ He/Him ✄ DM for Commission Info and/or TH ✄ ©

Poll Three + New Google Form up now! Discuss and Vote on New Trading Guidelines
here!

︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾
SolarSonnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Poll Results

Poll 1 went really well! We got over 100 votes, which was amazing, I think.

The overall consensus of the first poll was that a lot of people value OMGSCs at 0.25 C$, however, there are more people who don't value them at that, either because their valuation depends on species/demand too much, or for other reasons.

The biggest thing that got brought up in conversation during the run of this poll was that a lot of people value OMGSCs at under 0.25 C$, so we're running our second poll shortly after I update this with more options and more variables.

Poll 2 seemed to work out very similarly. Even with recent conversations, most people still value OMGSCs at 0.25 C$. I think overall our range for OMGSCs should end up being anywhere between 0.125 C$ and 0.5 C$, maybe depending on year and/or species and of course personal preference.

I think a notable amount of people still don't want a "baseline" for OMGSC C$ pricing though, which is interesting to look at, and I have to wonder what their take on other C$ Pricing is (if pets other than OMGSC should have a baseline price in C$ or not).

Last edited by SolarSonnet on Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

here!

SolarSonnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Proposed Charts and Guides

Reserved for Proposed Charts and Guides
Last edited by SolarSonnet on Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

here!

SolarSonnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Res1

Postby SolarSonnet » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:22 pm

Reserving another one or two posts just in case
Last edited by SolarSonnet on Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

here!

SolarSonnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Res2

Postby SolarSonnet » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:22 pm

Reserved again - and we should be good to post now :)

here!

SolarSonnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CS Community Wants YOUR help on Trading Guidelines!

Postby SolarSonnet » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:49 pm

Nothing like the smell of a fresh thread at uh.. almost 2 AM.

Anyway.

Our first poll is up!

We will have the Google Form soon, but I do want to host some polls on the thread to get the ball rolling!

Here are my answers to the proposed questions:

1: Should the C$ Chart reflect trading as a whole?

Originally I didn't think so, but I've come to like the idea. It just makes trading so much smoother to have a "This pet is worth x and this pet is worth y, if they all add up to the C$ amount then its fair."

We've had a system like that for the "List"/Horror's Guide forever with "09 rares" (prior to the rarity update). It was easy. "My pet is worth 50 09s, yours is worth 100, I've added 2 pets worth 25 09s, our trade is now even." It's just that but with C$, which makes it incredibly easy for me.

The only problem I see with this is lists, but lists were always weird. Even if nons are worth like 50 "Old Rares", I don't know if they should be worth 50x the "Old Rare" pricing in C$, depending on how many C$ the maths end up being.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2: How do you value pets in C$? (Do you go by year? Rarity? Species? All of the above? What about pets outside of C$, are they the same?)
I've weighed in on this before, but anything below rare I'm not really sure. I can only tell what's kind of 'fair' based on what other people are pricing their pets at. I've seen anything between 2 and 15 C$ for a 2015 uncommon. So honestly, I have no idea outside of the chart(s) I've already made- which is already outdated.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3: Do you value C$ trades as highly as pet trades? (Why or why not?)

I think C$ is kind of.. overinflated. When I do art commissions, I don't value 19 C$ at 1 USD anymore, because of how many C$ are in circulation.

I think C$ demand has definitely gone up since I joined, though, it feels about average especially with all of the item sets coming out, and store pets are always a thing. I do take C$ for my pets, and I do offer C$ for other people's pets. I think it's a useful tool for offering something when you otherwise have nothing on that person's WL.

So, overall, I'd say I value C$ and pets about evenly right now in terms of trading. I don't mind offers of C$ or pets on my pets. Sometimes I even prefer C$.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4: In your personal opinion, is C$ hard to get your hands on? Is it hard to trade off, or does it have standard demand?

I answered that in 3, but to reiterate: I think it has about standard demand. I remember back in the day I saw tons of trading advertisements of people looking to buy lists with C$, and nobody selling lists for C$. Recently, though, coming back to CS, I've found that quite a few people tend to want C$ for things, buying lists for C$ is plausible again.

So, during my main period of activity back in the day, C$ felt like it had the same appeal as like.. horses or rats. But nowadays it feels more like looking at a decent-looking bunny or a standard demand dog in a trade. It's nothing special, but it's definitely not undervalued anymore.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit: One other thing. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on the "Buying any X number of pets for Y C$" thing. I see a lot of that going on and it makes me wonder if those people actually make profits on their pets/trades in the long-run.
And.. Do you think this type of trading should be recognized in any guide(s) we put up?

here!

SolarSonnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS Community Wants YOUR help on Trading Guidelines!

Postby Solloby » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:02 pm

Thank you so much SolarSonnet and Musicgurl333 for reviewing the google survey <3
So much valuable feedback in your responses!
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolarSonnet » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:07 pm

Np! Poll has been linked on the first post!

Going to re-iterate my question though to hopefully get an answer to it:

I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on the "Buying any X number of pets for Y C$" thing. I see a lot of that going on and it makes me wonder if those people actually make profits on their pets/trades in the long-run.
And.. Do you think this type of trading should be recognized in any guide(s) we put up?

here!

SolarSonnet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:10 pm

Thank you so much!!
Can you put it in bigger text at the top maybe? It took me like 3 reads to find it haha. It's been a long day...
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:06 pm

Solloby wrote:Thank you so much!!
Can you put it in bigger text at the top maybe? It took me like 3 reads to find it haha. It's been a long day...

Yeah, I had the same thought. I feel like it should be up top and easy to see at a glance, rather than hidden at the bottom.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me