[300+ SUPPORT!] Make rereleases better/more rereleases

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Would you support having more rereleases?

Yes - more boxes on December 18
17%
Yes - another rerelease day
62%
Yes - no preference/don't know/it doesn't matter
16%
No
5%

Total votes : 457

[300+ SUPPORT!] Make rereleases better/more rereleases

Postby CHINARIZING » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:55 am

Thank you for your support on this!

I was wondering about the current CS economy, and some people suggested more rerelease days. I want to make this its own topic so that people can discuss it, what it means, and whether or not it'll actually benefit the economy.

So, let's get straight to the point: More rereleases!
    Two routes:
    A: More boxes on December 18th annually
    B: Another rerelease day in June/July (biannual rereleases)
      Could be integrated into the summer event
I think it'd be interesting. Keeping pets from reaching levels that could only be obtained by hardcore (not casual at all) players dedicated to rares and inflating their values needs to happen sooner than later. I don't know if just having December 18 is enough to keep the economy from reaching impossible heights. Though, the scarcer pets are older stores that the staff are stubborn are never rereleasing so idk if more rerelease days will help with that.

With how many pets CS has, and how many years it's existed, 3 rereleases a year for each active player won't be enough!
Last edited by CHINARIZING on Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:48 am, edited 9 times in total.

CHINA 🐲 HE/HIM | ADULT PLAYER | ASIAN-AMERICAN
══════════════════════════════════════════
TRADE THREAD | ART THREAD | ART STORE

art, my OCs, working out, pins/buttons, charms/keychains, E/SE Asian cultures, WACA, WoF, SU, MLP, Minecraft, countries, bully breeds, country personifications, pop punk, alt rock, indie, midwest emo, flags, furry visnovels, obscure horror, early Internet

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
CHINARIZING

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: More rerelease days similar to Dec. 18?

Postby EmberzTale » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:59 pm

I don't think store pets should be rereleased. They were never meant to be and they're more considered bonus pets and not even a part of a complete collection. Its been stated before they're like semi-customs.

I don't think there should be addition rerelease days but I do think that there should be more than 3 boxes to adopt on the 18th now as there are more years to cover than there was before.
..Image
╔══════════════════════════════╗
xxxx. I'm Ember! lights off
xxxxxxxxxxxI'm a huge fan of the Vampire
xxx Diaries! I love Katherine Pierce!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/Her - Scorpio
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬
x.emberocsβ€’furry-pawsβ€’credit
β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
EmberzTale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretjuice » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:02 pm

I don’t think store pets, but more boxes on dec 18 would be ideal
ferretjuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serial designation N » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:58 am

It would be cool to have item rereleases,I know some probably would hate this idea,but rereleasing items that were once free and (not in store) probably wouldn’t be a problem?
Very inactive player, I only log in to adopt pets
Serial designation N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Willow.cat » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:02 am

I definitely agree with the more boxes idea, it should be bumped up to 5 in my opinion.
For re-releasing store pets, i dont think they should. I personally think only things that were once free should be re-released

Willow - any prns - unlabeled
digital artist & daydreamer
β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ β™‘
.....................β™«
Willow.cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nexius » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:34 pm

I support the increase of december 18 releases. Either have a second day (like on December 24th like in 2011, or do it mid year like a Christmas in july kinda thing) or increase the boxes available on dec 18th.
Nexius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CHINARIZING » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:44 pm

Likin' all the discussion here so far.

I'd love to see opinions on either A. more boxes on December 18th or B. 3 boxes in June/July (to evenly space out rereleases)

Also, while I intended this to be about more rereleases in general, I'd love to hear ideas centering rereleases in general. After all, my idea was aiming to help the economy via rereleases.

While I have my own opinions on what pets/items to rerelease, I don't want this conversation to derail too far. Do you think that more rereleases in general would help people obtain extremely difficult pets (e.g. 2009 store pets) and high lists/nons? Try to think in the shoes of a new player.

CHINA 🐲 HE/HIM | ADULT PLAYER | ASIAN-AMERICAN
══════════════════════════════════════════
TRADE THREAD | ART THREAD | ART STORE

art, my OCs, working out, pins/buttons, charms/keychains, E/SE Asian cultures, WACA, WoF, SU, MLP, Minecraft, countries, bully breeds, country personifications, pop punk, alt rock, indie, midwest emo, flags, furry visnovels, obscure horror, early Internet

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
CHINARIZING

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby holodog » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:10 am

CS needs more re-release events. 3 pets ONCE a year isn't enough. There are too many pets, too many options. Look at the masses of people getting a random rare rat that's just going to sit in their trade group for years because there's already a thousand of the same pet no one wants.

CS needs to stop being so scared about re-releasing pets. The cost of VR+ pets is just growing and growing, high tier pets cost hundreds of REAL dollars. It's annoying and unfriendly to those who are not rich, haven't been here since 2009, or don't have some other crazy way like offsite currency to buy pets with. I'm so sick and tired of the attitude of "but it's unfair!! i worked hard for that pet and paid thousands of C$ for it so everyone else should too!". More pets in circulation, please and thanks.
holodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ayame_Haitani » Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:11 am

P U P wrote:CS needs more re-release events. 3 pets ONCE a year isn't enough. There are too many pets, too many options. Look at the masses of people getting a random rare rat that's just going to sit in their trade group for years because there's already a thousand of the same pet no one wants.

CS needs to stop being so scared about re-releasing pets. The cost of VR+ pets is just growing and growing, high tier pets cost hundreds of REAL dollars. It's annoying and unfriendly to those who are not rich, haven't been here since 2009, or don't have some other crazy way like offsite currency to buy pets with. I'm so sick and tired of the attitude of "but it's unfair!! i worked hard for that pet and paid thousands of C$ for it so everyone else should too!". More pets in circulation, please and thanks.

if they do this, then the value of the pets will go down. Then we dont have the omgsr anymore, because everyone will get it. its normal that some pets are UR and nearly nobody has it...but just my opinion
Ayame_Haitani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caster. » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:08 am

I do think we should have more rerelease options (whether that be more boxes on the 18th or something like during the summer event or even it's own random (but consistent) day.)
────────── ( α΄‘Κœα΄€α΄›
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ

She/her, loves trades
PMs are always open
I love making new friends!
─────────── α΄‘α΄€Ι΄α΄›s... )
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
─────── ( α΄€ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡ α΄›Κœα΄€α΄› )
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
╔═══════════════════════════╗
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
caster.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me